Pan Seared Filet Mignon Recipe
This pan seared Filet Mignon recipe is simple yet sumptuous. As a meat lover, this is the best steak recipe because of its flavor and versatility. Keep scrolling to learn how to cook filet mignon in a pan.
This filet mignon recipe is very tender and flavorful. That’s because this particular cut of beef comes from the from the smaller end of the tenderloin. The name filet mignon is French for "tender, delicate, or fine fillet." However, in France it is actually referred to as filet de bœuf ("beef fillet") because filet mignon already refers to pork.
If you’re interested in how to cook filet mignon in a pan for the best sear, just follow these ingredients and instructions. The ingredients you will need include 4 (8- ounce) Filet Mignon steaks approximately 2 inches thick. Also 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (or olive), 4 tablespoon butter, and 2 teaspoons sea salt.
Other ingredients needed for this filet mignon recipe include 1 tsp black pepper, fresh chopped cilantro, and 2 tbsp minced garlic. I also like to add 1 tsp lemon juice to the frying pan with the meat.
The directions for making the best steak recipe are super simple.
How to cook filet mignon in a pan: start by seasoning both sides of the meat. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. Fry the steaks in the pan for 2 minutes per side for the best steak recipe. Carefully place the skillet in the oven and allow the meat to cook another 7-8 minutes.
The amount of time your filet mignon recipe continues to cook in the oven depends on how well you like your steak. For rare meat bake them for 2.5-3 minutes. Medium rare beef should cook 4-5 more minutes. Additionally a medium done steak should cook 5-6 additional minutes.
Furthermore, medium well meat needs 7-8 more minutes. It’s important to allow the best steak recipe to rest for 5-7 minutes before cutting into it. This recipe is keto, gluten free, paleo, and whole30.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Resting time: 7 minutes
1. 4 (8- ounce) Filet Mignon steaks approximately 2 inches thick
2. 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (or olive)
3. 4 tablespoon butter
4. 2 teaspoons sea salt
5. 1 tsp black pepper
6. fresh chopped cilantro
7. 2 tbsp minced garlic
8. 1 tsp lemon juice
1. Season both sides of your uncooked filet Mignon steaks
2. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F
3. Bring your large cast iron skillet to a high heat and combine the butter and oil inside - whisk until thoroughly combined
4. Place the steaks in the pan and cook for 2 minutes then flip and allow to cook for another 2 minutes
5. Carefully place the skillet in the oven and allow to cook another 7-8 minutes depending on preferred ‘doneness’
6. Adjust the oven temperature and continued cooking time in the oven depending on desired doneness: see notes
7. For rare, bake for 2.5-3 minutes. Medium rare, 4-5 minutes. Medium, 5-6 minutes. Medium well, 7-8 minutes.
8. Allow the steaks to rest for 5-7 minutes before cutting into them